Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Probability is God is Probability

Maybe it has been stated before.But its fun to independently prove an existing theorem.(Besides its one of my favorite topics.hehe)

All it needs to prove it is one simple experiment.
Throw a coin 10 times.Lets consider getting a head all 10 times as success.
Now before every coin toss pray to god that it is a head.
Count the number of heads at the end of the 10 tosses.
Now perform the same experiment again.Only this time dont pray and just note down the number of heads.Repeat this as many times you want.
I am sure you wont be able to tell the God-influenced coin tosses from the normal coin tosses.Hence it is proved that the probability is as powerful/influential as god.But nothing is as powerul as god but the god.Hence Probability is god. :)

Let me also tell you from my personal experience.I was a very pious theist once...until I found God is a redundancy.
There were ample times when I prayed to god and did not get what I want.There were ample times when I didn't pray to god and I got what I want.
So you see...it really doesnt matter.Things happen the way they want to.There isnt an evidence substancial enough to vindicate the present of some god governing them.Its plain probability.Hence Praying to God translates to praying to probability which sounds kinda ridiculous.

Its been 2 yrs since I became an atheist.And frankly speaking nothing drastic(good/bad) has happened to me since.
When you think over it with a reasonable mind then you'll realise at some point that you dont "need" god anymore.Your conscience is capable enough to distinguish between right and wrong.And trust me Its a very cool position to be in. :)

PS: Its totally a personal opinion.You are free to disagree with me. :)

3 comments:

  1. Deep. Strong.
    Well, it is subjective.
    Who is God? A person one turns to, to solve his problems. Basic definition according to me.
    Ever believed in coincidence? Inferring from your post, I can say that coincidence happens due to the juxtaposition of multiple probabilities.

    Say for ex, I meet Megan Fox, in say, Kerala, on a Wednesday, shooting for Transformers 4. My positional probability is high for me being in Kerala at that time; and same with hers! But when these 2 intertwine; thats when we meet. This is a mathemetician's view :)

    The same thing to a simple guy like me, who doesn't think much would be "Thank you God for this wonderful day!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey.
    I agree its subjective.And heck if I meet Megan Fox,even Ill temporarily forget that I am an Atheist to say "thak God".:p

    Jokes apart,if Gods role was only that it was all fine.
    I see a problem when people's moralities and scruples are driven by god/religion..
    I did X thing...Now I will go to heaven.
    I did Y thing...Its written in the holy book of my religion hence it must be right.
    I cant do X....my religion forbids it.
    I aspire to become a suicide bomber...Ill get 72 virgins in heaven.
    I wont eat beef...my religion prevents it.But Ill eat all meat..etc

    You see..This where our ubermensch "The God" starts becoming a villain.
    Ill say again that the cons of religion have outweighed its pros by a myriad.Jihad,the crusades,the inquisitions,Caste system,sati etc

    How peaceful a religion is,is indicated by the tolerance it shows towards its blasphemers.
    If we consider this criteria,then we will have to strike of some major religions from the list immediately.

    Again to each his own.If the fear of god prevents someone from doing bad things and the promise of heaven entices someone to do good things,so be it.
    As long as one keeps his faith to oneself,and not bothered by the criticisms...even mockery, I dont think there is any need to relinquish it.(Although thats a Utopian thing.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree. Religion is something that is built solely on faith. Reliance on someone else puts one at ease. God is like a shoulder to bank on. Assuming/realising someone is there to support me is a strength which will give me more confidence and assurance to concentrate on things at hand. Religion is something made by man to control himself, and others, from the ravager he becomes. But if values are imbibed in a person to manage on his own without a faith in God; that should be fine.

    ReplyDelete