Monday, March 21, 2011

The comrades and the camaraderie...

I had planned this post sometime back.But the content changed due to some ad hoc circumstances :p
I just felt I should share this instead of elaborating much on what I had planned to write(which Ill do in some other post)
(Afterall isn't this a blog for penning down things I feel strongly about:D )

So I put in my papers today,after having converted the prestigious NMIMS call.

After being in this dastardly and dried place for over 2 years,I finally did what I had planned to do exactly one year back.
I resigned.It was freedom.A redemption.Literally.

SO here was I...supposedly on the seventh heaven...After witnessing an entire life cycle of my dream coming true I was supposed to be on cloud nine..But somehow something was aching.I tinge of sadness.A tinge of gloom.
It was the feeling that Ill be gone from this place in few weeks.May be it would have felt this strongly some 4-5 months back when I was desperately trying everything I could just to run far far away from here.
But this time it was different.

It's my buddies in the project(The new joinees and all juniors) and the connection we had in this short 3 months,that was making it so difficult.

Being mostly a reserved guy and an introvert,I never had lots of friends nor did I had a group as such,in school,college or even in engineering.It always used to be some 2-3 friends with whom the friendship mostly pertained to classroom or occasional hangouts.
I never feel sad while leaving my school or college or engineering.May be it was because I didn't have or rather I didn't make many close friends.
But this people were something different.I could connect well with every one of them.And they liked me too.(Presuming :p)

The hangouts at almost every weekends(water kingdom latest),the leg pulling at the lunch and breakfast,the laughs,the conference chats,the blabbering philosophies etc etc....it was too much fun and happening for such a short time of 3 months.The work was as pathetic as ever but I never enjoyed going to office as much as I did since I joined back from the LOA.

The moment I told them about my selection in NMIMS,they were just exhilarated.It was one of those times when you realize what is meant by "happiness doubles when shared".I could see the cheer on each one of their faces.
Ofcourse I have to entertain the immediate order for the celebration at the CCD.(Which cost me a bomb of 500 bucks :p)
Umpteenth times they told me how happy they were for me(and they looked like).
Somehow it was like an overdose of good feeling.Like eating too much sugar..especially when you are not used to such feeling. :)

I always used to think that friends and friendship are kinda overrated topics.May be because I never had such a kewl friend group.
Now I wonder which friends are better.Those who are there just for the formality sake,whose absence or presence makes hardly any difference to your life and vice versa,making you realise painfully how insignificant you are to them,or those with whom you connect so easily and well,who love you,who miss you when you aren't there,that it becomes even more harder when bidding them Adieu.I myself had never really experienced the later type.

I consider myself emotionally strong who generally dont lose it.I dont even remember the last time I cried.But today even I kinda felt my throat choked for a jiffy.It was unexpected.We are so used to life throwing lemons at us that when it actually throws sugar candies(and lots of them), we just don't know what to do :)

Anyway the last day is still 1.5 months away.Till then I can safely forget about its existence and have fun :)

You guys rock.\m/


PS:I will write about all of them in detail in my farewell mail.:)

5 comments:

  1. Good one Tanmay. We'll miss your wacky one liners, the demotivation NOS bursts, the cynical 'Bwahaha' moments, the guy talk, and the side conf chats when the dreaded 'Hi' comes by ;)

    Cheers man! Great that you got into a coveted univ, to do what you wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one Tanmay. We'll miss your wacky one liners, the demotivation NOS bursts, the cynical 'Bwahaha' moments, the guy talk, the 'Axis of Evil' and the side conf chats when the dreaded 'Hi' comes by ;)
    Cheers man! Great that you got into a coveted univ, to do what you wanted to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very happy for u Tanny.. Will miss u.. i remember the very first day i saw u(team lunch ;) )never thought we'd get along so well..
    Congrats once again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hades and Devillia.

    Save it all guys for the day of departure. :)
    Thanks anyways.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Tanny .. will miss all those "3 'o' clock" times ;) the great weekend hangouts.. the cafe mochas...the Pink Floyd discussions..the demotivating talks..the evil laughs..the meaningless "Axis of Evil" convos...the dragging of the marker...the "Jhala gela visrava" dialouge.

    will miss u seeing beaten up by priya ;)
    (FYI folks- he really got beaten up! ;) ..jokingly though!)

    will miss both of us teasing KK..

    will miss u man ! :)

    Congratulations on ur achievement..it really is like a release..a redemption..a freedom.

    Bask in the glory..

    Objective Achieved !

    Live ur Life !
    \m/

    ReplyDelete