Saturday, March 12, 2011

NMIMS GDPI Experince

(From Pagalguy :))

DATE - 08-March-2011
SLOT - Afternoon (1pm)

PROFILE:


Acads:
X : 84.13% (Goa Board)
XII : 69.67% (Goa Board)
Undergrad Major - 62.6% GEC Goa University (Computers)

Work-Ex: 31 months (Accenture)

NMAT Score: 252

Any other special thing about you: First attempt.

It was a bad day to start with.My bus was screwed halfway so had to change it again.
Reached Andheri at 1 PM.Rikshawala dropped me at NMIMS college.(My gdpi was at Mukesh Patel Colg)
The guard over there told me that gdpi process has already started.
I literally ran my way in the horrid afternoon heat to my gdpi venue.It was on 8th floor and thanks to Lord Murphy,the lift was not working.
So climbed all 8 floors.Already sweated and feeling dizzy.I thought I had missed the GD.But thankfully the briefing seminar was still going on.I heaved a sigh of relief.

GD:
As usual we had to choose from 2 topics, 1) facebook has resulted in destroying social manners and 2) spiritual gurus have brilliant marketing strategies.
With a majority of 7:3 we chose the first one.

Overall GD was quite decent.I entered 3-4 times.After that I couldnt shout any more so did not even try.
We did manage to touch upon various aspects(mostly negative)
There were times where we were beating around the bush or discussing irrelevant points.
2-3 times the Group dangerously tilted towards a fish market,but thanks to some courteous and chivalrous members,everyone more or less got a chance to speak.
The discussion continued even after the faculty annouced the 5-mins.So the GD was ended abruptly while one of the group memeber was halfway through his point.

My preparation(0-5):1
My performance(0-5):4


PI:
2 Male senior faculty and 1 lady faculty.

It started with general "tell me about yourself" question.Then they asked me about my work,the type of role I have,responsibilities,how my engg in computers helped me in my job.I had to lie here.
Then the regular why mba,why mba after IT...from the looks of the professors,I dont think I gave fully satisying answers for those.They were taking references from My SOP.To be frank my SOP was very ordinary and small.So they didnt grill me much on that.But guys,be thorough with your SOP.You can really divert the interview in your favour if you have written a good SOP.
They asked me what I do in my free time.(Was waiting for this)
Told them about guitar,blogging etc.They did not push too much into it.
Tried to divert them to my hobbies 3-4 times.The male faculties were clearly not interested much.One of them asked me about "C guitar,F guitar".I was puzzled.I asked him whether he is talking about C chord,F chord.Apparently he was.
Then the lady asked me which notes doesnt have a #.Answered it.
Then they asked me about current affairs(My Achilles Heel).Told them I have started reading newspapers only recently.Then they asked some questions about Egypt revolution,effect of Libyan revolution on prices of oil barrel,legalising passive Euthanasia(Here again I tried to take them to my blog as I had a written a post.Again no heed.)
I could answer some of them.
Then they asked me if I dont get into any college will I try again.I told them,I had set a target of getting into top 20 college this year and if that doesnt happen I would be trying next year again but will target only top 10.
They asked me which is #20 college.I was not sure,said XIMB.

Frankly speaking it was an average PI,only the Lady faculty was listening and nodding intently,the male faculties never showed any interest.

My preparation(0-5):1
My performance(0-5):3

All in all a good end to a bad day.Keeping my fingers crossed.

Verdict:Awaited (Eagerly)


PS: CONVERTED....woooooohoooooooooooo...My first convert.I am just so overwhelmed :)

1 comment:

  1. "Like" this post. Your first ever convert.. Yayyyyyyyyyyy :)

    ReplyDelete