Saturday, March 12, 2011

IIM Calcutta GDPI

(From pagalguy :) )

DATE - 01-March-2011
SLOT - Morning 8.30 am

PROFILE:

Acads
X 84.13%, Goa Board, year 2002
XII 69.67%, Goa Board, year 2004
Undergrad Stream Computers 62.63%, from GEC Goa 2008

Work-Ex:
Accenture- 30 months

CAT (2010):
Aggregate:99.97%ile
(category if applicable):GEN

Extra acads : Negligible

Any other special thing abt you: First attempt

Interview & GD

Venue: Mumbai
Date : 1st March 2011
Course(PGDM/PGDCM):PGDM

GD :
Topic: "I do not want to do an MBA because..."
Number of Ppl present:8
Time: We were given A4 sheets to write about the topic in complete sentences for 5 min.
Then we were supposed to discuss the topic for 10 min.In the end each one of was asked to summarise the discussion(<1min)>Interview :
Panel Members Intro: P1 -a senior faculty (MIS) P2 - Someone from legal department.
On an average each interview lasted for 20-25 min.And nobody was grilled on anything as such.
I was the 7th to enter.It was less of an interview and more of a friendly conversation.
P1 started with the usual "tell me about yourself".Then seeing that I am from computer background,he asked me which was my favorite subject.Told data structures and C programming.Then he asked some 3-4 fundu quetions on the same.Surprisingly I could answer them.He was content.(The engineering wasnt a complete waste afterall )
Then he asked about my hobbies (I had mentioned Guitar and blogging) but not too much into it though I was hoping that he would.
He asked about my hometown in Goa(Corlim) and how far it is from panjim.Asked me from where I did my schooling(Mashel).
Told him it is a hometown of Dr.Raghunath Mashelkar as well
Then I asked him whether he is from Goa originally.Turned out he is
P2 hardly spoke.
While the interview was going on P1 and P2 were also talking among themselves.Basically it was a very informal and chilled out interview.

Then finally they asked me the trademark "why mba".As we pondered a lot on the same topic in the GD too,I think I was able to answer it convincingly.Both seemed satisfied and I was done.
But I was not offered a toffee or anything :(

Rate your preparation(0-5):2
Rate your performance(0-5):4

MISC
The community leader Jaydev Joshi was in my group.

All in all a great and satisfying experience.

(My first post on pagalguy )

VERDICT: CONVERTED

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could use those smileys to express my joy and happiness for you Tan, you have made us all proud. All the very best and when/where's the party?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Freako!
    As I was telling you the other day, now whenever I see you, am gonna see IIM first and then if I push the tag aside, ohk its Tanmay :D

    Cheers man, great going :D

    ReplyDelete