Friday, April 23, 2010

Hey it rhymed....

Hey guys.

The other day I was sitting in my chair doing some exponentially sad work....and I somehow ended up writing a poetry.(hence frustration begets poetry)

So basically it is based upon the one of my favourite game ie Max Payne.
What impressed me the most about the game was its dark,metaphore-laden and yet soulful script.
Anyway lemme not stretch the intro too much.Basically its a one man's battle against mafia,whose wife and daughter are murdered.Max Payne is the antagonist here looking for answers.....There would have come a point when he must have felt like letting it go.The poem is about that.
Thanks to my friend Sushmita for proof-reading it,not falling asleep and encouraing me.(and still being my friend :p)

I know the tone of the poem is very stereotypically punk.But my first attempt so bear it :)

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

Max Payne...the reprise.

Walking relentlessly in the metaphorical labyrith
with a map in hand
Written in the ink of irony
I felt like I am a man of no land.

Was it a dream sequence
was it a sigh of my tired mind
I wondered,foundered
Groping in the caustic darkness..like a blind.

When the only thing that filled the deafening silences
were the monotonous drones..
There were no colours..only black and may be some white.
The silences even muted my grones.

Was it really worth it..could I let it go
No said the mind,its just a lie
It was like a dream in which you fall
and wake up just before you die

I did reach the end of the tunnel
following the proverbial light
It was a dead end with few bats flying at my face.
Leaving me smothered with my plight



Thanks.




2 comments:

  1. dunno....doesnt seem like u r riting it for first time....accha likhta hai tu....gud try...!!!

    ReplyDelete