Friday, April 23, 2010

The Unhappy Birthday

Hey paisans.


Well No intros this time around.I guess,rather hope that the poem is explainatory enough.
Just a note that I only partially share the sentiments.Its for someone who does fully.

--- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- --- ---

While they cheered happy b'day
All of a sudden it was subtley unclear
Couldn't rationalise the celebration
for growing older by one year

Stood there blank,accepting the wishes
the handshakes and the gifts from all
I dont wanna cross that childhood wall
Just don't wanna cross that childhood wall

And it was time..like always
for a stroll in the memory lane
The fragrance of nostalgia surrounding
just like that of soil after the first rain

I recollect how it was back then
to have no responsibilities
Future career roles duties
were nothing but banalities

Please show me the positivity
The happiness you'd promised
tired of the errands in the past
spirits dim excitement deceased

Else please take me back
back to when I was small
sure I can sacrifice my maturity
I dont wanna cross that childhood wall

I wanna come with you
Lets leave this timeframe once and for all
I dont wanna cross that childhood wall
Just don't wanna cross that childhood wall


No comments:

Post a Comment